We allow for first articles to be made before completing the entire run of a project in certain circumstances. Please get in touch with us before placing your order so we can evaluate your situation and determine whether or not we can honor your first article request.
In some instances we may require that first articles be made, even if you have not requested them. This generally only applies to higher value (approximately greater than $10k), higher quantity orders of a board that has not previously been built with us.
Whether or not you have built a board with another manufacturer previously, we highly recommend placing a smaller prototype run of the board through CircuitHub before placing an order for higher volumes.
A few things for you to consider:
- The first articles will be shipped on the quoted delivery date. The full balance will be shipped 1 to 10 days, depending on the volume and complexity of the build, after the boards are cleared.
- The exact quantity of first articles you receive will vary depending on the panel array of the bare boards.
- The full quantity of bare boards are ordered and fabricated almost immediately after the order is placed. You will still be responsible for these costs if any changes are needed.
- The full quantity of parts are ordered almost immediately after the order is placed. You will still be responsible for these costs if any changes are needed.
- If you need to revise the PCB you can create a new order and we will refund for any parts that can be carried over to the revised order.
- A first article fee of $250 or $5 per unique part placement (whichever is greater) plus shipping will apply whether they are being made either due to your request or ours.